We Asked, You Spoke.
Last month, the Teton County Republican Party took an informal survey of community priorities.
Over 160 Teton County residents responded and shared with us their thoughts on a number of important issues facing our community, state and nation. From housing and traffic in Teton County, to addressing Wyoming's unprecedented funding deficit in Cheyenne, we are grateful for the incredible input and ideas you shared.
Over the next several weeks, we'll be sharing the results of this survey that was sent to over 750 locals. Please remember, this is not a scientific poll, but, instead, a chance to gain insight into some of the perspectives and priorities of our fellow community members.
WHAT ISSUES IN TETON COUNTY ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT TO YOU?
When asked what issues in Teton County were most important to you right now, taxes, traffic, protecting community character and the preservation of open spaces and protecting wildlife were ranked as the top priorities. Ranked on a scale of 1-7, the weighted top issues were:
- Taxes (25% listed as their #1 issue)
- Traffic (20% listed as their #1 issue)
- Protecting Community Character (13.6% listed as their #1 issue)
- Preservation of Open Spaces & Protecting Wildlife (17% listed as their #1 issue)
- Housing (16% listed as their #1 issue)
- Land Development Regulations (11.5% listed as their #1 issue)
- Education (5.7% listed as their #1 issue)
Please note, ranking questions calculate the average ranking for each answer choice to determine which answer choice was most preferred overall. The answer choice with the largest average ranking is the most preferred choice, as represented in the above graph.